I finally found two flowering dogwood trees at the Libby Cemetery, a small cemetery deep in the heart of Nacogdoches County. Dogwood trees are difficult to photograph because you can't get much detail on the small blossoms at any distance. This photo was just blah so I used the Topaz Adjust filter called Whisperly.
This photo and the one below were edited on ipiccy.com but using two completely different approaches. Don't ask how I did either one!
That's all the dogwood pictures until next year. It was a very short season, indeed!




10 comments:
i just love the shape of these blossoms...
These are all just gorgeous Kathy. I'm in love with dogwoods and ours are in full glorious bloom here.
V
I LOVE dogwood. We don't see it around here in the SF Bay area...too bad the season was so short.
Beautiful pictures, Kathy. I really like the effect and angle on the second shot. Here is a link that explains the story I was talking about yesterday and the dogwoods.
http://www.care2.com/c2c/share/detail/1110740
Great shots!
Nice! The dogwood is indeed pretty. Too bad it doesn't last longer. I like the contrast in the cemetery between the tombstones and the blooming flowers -- interesting.
Second to magnolias, these are my favorite, and you have captured them so beautifully!
Whisperly looks pretty neat on that dogwood!
Wow! I cannot believe they are gone so soon!
Post a Comment