Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fence No. 18 - Bluebonnets and Red Honeysuckle


Our bluebonnets started blooming this week!  We Texans love our bluebonnets.  We have very few in our area but my mom has been cultivating a few on either side of our driveway for a number of years.  We've got a bumper crop this year.  Although you can't see much of this fence, it gave me a good excuse to show off some of the pretty bluebonnets along with some red honeysuckle along one side of our driveway.  The other side is not fenced and the bluebonnets are along both the road and the driveway.  We're hoping to have a few Indian paintbrush mixed in this year.

Linking to Friday Fences.

If you'd like to see more of our bluebonnets, 
you can see them on my other blog HERE.

23 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a gorgeous flower. just beautiful. no reason you wished to show it off... (:

Rose said...

Love your shot!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The bluebonnets take the "bite" out of the fence!

Feather in the Fence

Carletta said...

Love that kind of fence and the naturalness of the plantings!
LOVELY!

Ebie said...

Hi Kathy, isn't bluebonnet Texas' favorite flower? I checked out your other blog, there are bountiful and pretty!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous flower, and just a hint of a fence.

Linda said...

I was so captured by the flowers, I almost missed the fence! Beautiful blooms!

Jan n Jer said...

Love the blue bonnets...they make a happy addition to the fence!

Dianne said...

now that's the way to decorate a fence!

Magpie said...

Oh, the colors are wonderful. Pulling into this driveway and seeing all of that beauty would always make me smile.

Faye said...

I too used an excuse of a fence to show off some beautiful flowers this week. As for this texas display, nothing nicer than fresh green with a little red and blue mixed in. Lovely photos.

gtyyup said...

Ha...I was so busy admiring the gorgeous blooms that I didn't even see the fence!!! Texas is quite beautiful in the spring!

Thanks for your visit and comment today; have a wonderful weekend~

Anonymous said...

Blue Bonnets are nice but the red honeysuckle is the most bang for the buck.

Rohrerbot said...

My growing up in the midwest and now living in the desert connection. Bulbs are to Midwesterners as Wildflowers are to Southwesterners that Spring has arrived....or will arrive soon:)

Kim, USA said...

Hi Kathy, I see blue bonnets and that red honeysuckle it's amazing. Here in San Antonio it's all over the road and it looks very pretty! Awesome!

Friday Fences

genie said...

The fence has hidden itself nicely and the flowers are beautiful. The colors in this shot are so vivid. I am ready for spring. genie

Glenda said...

There's nothing prettier than wildflowers growing along a fence row!

Unknown said...

Lovely pic, Kathy! I didn't know there were red honey suckle -learned something again:) Did know about Texans loving bluebonnets!

SRQ said...

Bluebonnets are so pretty! Know wonder Texans love 'em. I don't think we have them in Florida. Your mom is still out cultivating? Good for her! Hope she's well. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

NoDak Herefords said...

Lovely flowers. We are while off of getting wildflowers here in NoDak so I will enjoy yours for today!!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Lovely photo.

Regards and best wishes

EG CameraGirl said...

Ah! Spring looks so lush in Texas!

A Colorful World said...

When the flowers are this pretty, a wire fence is all you need! I love those bluebonnets, too! Have you ever seen the blue gentians that grow there as well...more rare, and quite a treat. They are like blue tulips, and they are wildflowers too.