Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fence No. 19 - More Bluebonnets


Last week I showed you bluebonnets and red honeysuckle along our farm's fenceline.  This week I went to Nacogdoches for the weekly errands and saw this pretty patch of thick bluebonnets along a picket fence in a cottage-type house near downtown.  I actually found one pink bluebonnet (which is an occasional anomaly) and a few red bluebonnets which were hybridized in the late 1990s by Texas A&M University.  Some of their seeds occasionally get mixed in with blue seeds.  And yes, they are called red BLUEbonnets and pink BLUEbonnets!

27 comments:

Rose said...

So beautiful!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a beautiful flower. just lovely. (:

Carletta said...

A picket fence, flowers, and a hint of a cottage window - lovely composition!

Ebie said...

The blues are a real accent to the picket fence, lovely!

Tanya Breese said...

just a perfect little scene!

Liz said...

So pretty with the picket fence!

Kim, USA said...

Hi Kathy, was at Universal City, Texas for two weeks and have seen plenty of blue bonnets. They are so tiny and beautiful.

Friday Fences

Joe Todd said...

Makes for a wonderful photo

TexWisGirl said...

perfect setting. the red and pink sound neat! we had a few albino ones here last year.

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I want my yard to look like... I don't have a picked fence, but that's really beautiful!
I wanna see an albino bluebonnet that TexWisGirl had... that would be interesting to see!

I've been playing around w/ ipiccy & it's really neat, thanks again for bringing it to my attention! =)

A Colorful World said...

These are lovely and so perfect with that picket fence!

Unknown said...

Like some have said earlier, a great combination: the bluebonnets with the white picket fence!

Glenda said...

The white picket fence is the perfect backdrop for the bluebonnets!

GypsyFarmGirl said...

So pretty! I want to take a trip to see the bluebonnets next week.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful contrast of colors - blue green and white with little splashes of yellow. Gorgeous!

Brian King said...

That's just gorgeous, Kathy! The white and purple make an awesome contrast!

Dianne said...

they look so sweet in front of the white fence

Faye said...

Never too many bluebonnets! Hard to find this true blue color in flowers so much enjoy when it happens. Do the bluebonnets stay around very long--or "melt" in the TX sun?

Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous against that white picket fence!

Living Life said...

The blue flowers against the white picket fence is so shabby chic! Love it!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful composition in this photo.

Regards and best wishes

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

The white picket fence and the blue bonnets make for one pretty picture!

Magpie said...

What a beautiful contrast against the white fence. I'll take bluebonnets no matter what color they are.

Lara said...

THERE'S my white picket fence! Great shot!

Jan n Jer said...

Love this shot...so full of charm!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

What a gorgeous shot! Love those blue flowers against the white fence...

James said...

Beautiful! I love bluebonnets. I'm moving back to Texas in May so I'll just miss them this year. :(