Wednesday, March 21, 2012
A Day at the Lake
This photo was snapped back in January before signs of spring started bursting out. This lake almost dried up during last year's drought. One of my cousins lives on the eastern end and they were unable to even launch a boat in it until last month. With two more good drenching rains that we've received since then, it should be well on its way to recovery by now. This photo was taken near the dam which is obviously the deepest part of the lake. My relatives have once again been able to get their boat launched and enjoy some good bass fishing. Also this particular lake was the alternate water supply for a town of about 5500 people. Thank goodness their worries have now been somewhat diminished as to where their water would be supplied if their primary source evaporated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
It looks beautiful. I love the look of the trees in the background.
Wow - hard to believe this body of water was almost dry. Glad to hear about the rain in Texas recently.
Lovely shot, Kathy. I love that blue of the water!
PS: I am particularly sympathetic to drought stricken areas, seeing I live in one of the driest countries on earth!
Kathy, what a beautiful photo. I hope your area recovers soon from last years drought. It would be ncie to see this lake full of water again. Have a great day!
we are celebrating the lake levels in this area, too. i was really concerned about the water supply, too. most of the lakes are only a few feet low, now. :)
Low levels of water in our lakes is a real concern here in NC as well...Hopefully, like yours, ours are up and of less concern...
This is a great picture....The water in the lake is so pretty....
Toledo Bend has been very low but the rains have helped tremendously. Cane River in Natchitoches overflowed its banks in some places this past weekend after about 10 more inches of rain.
So glad you've received some rain. We did also, but I'm greedy for more.
Post a Comment