Once a thriving small town, Glenrio straddled the Texas/New Mexico border on Route 66. When Interstate 40 opened in 1973, Glenrio was almost forgotten. A few buildings remain. The old Route 66 is still visible although grass grows up through its cracks and it is filled with potholes and chunks of missing asphalt. I'm not sure this fence would actually keep anyone out of the old cafe which it surrounds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


20 comments:
That fence might discourage a stray cow or two!
Fence at Sunrise
Wow...talk about rustic...love it!
A wonderful capture!
This is certainly a glimpse to the past. Looks like an old vintage car too.
Love the stick-like fence.
What a neat old place. I love finding treasures like this.
That building is definitely time worn! That is an odd fence, but one I have seen before- it sure doesn't look very substantial, but it's interesting!
so different. i really like it. (:
what a great shot. i do like that fence.
How sad....wonderful shot.
I could use this shot on my decay series! :-) Love it.
You find such interesting buildings. I hope you took many shots of this one.
Did you ever see the movie, "Cars"? It's one I'm sure Em would enjoy. It's about Route 66 and the Interstates too.
Oh, the romance and sadness of the lost towns that used to thrive along Rt 66! You can just imagine the people stopping at this wonderful old cafe in its heyday! I love the fence! It's more of a "suggestion" than a barrier. :-)
But that fence does have character!
I don't think the fence would keep a determined person or animal out, but it sure adds to the interest of an already interesting building.
WOW! What a rustic and unique place to see!!
This would be a great place to fix up and make come alive again. It's really a neat building with some nice property around it.
At one time I'm sure this little cafe was a welcome traveler's stop along this route. Did you peek in the windows--since the fence certainly wouldn't keep you out--to see what's left of the old business?
This is such a great shot....full of personality and uniqueness. I love the old spots like this one. So sad they are disappearing with time. I bet those wall can tell lots and lots of stories. genie
We just finished a re-watch of The Last Picture Show. This could have been Sam the Lion's restaurant next to the pool hall in Anarene....
The price of progress, I fear.
Post a Comment