Cute observation! Our flag is dangling, trying to fall off our mailbox and we just asked the landlord for a new box. It's amazing that none of these people have considered getting a new one! :-)
Some don't even have doors! I think this is carrying the "patina" thing too far. :) I like the idea of a meme for mailboxes...hmmm...maybe you could start one.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
i really think there needs to be a meme link-up for mailboxes. or maybe rust. :)
Cute observation! Our flag is dangling, trying to fall off our mailbox and we just asked the landlord for a new box. It's amazing that none of these people have considered getting a new one! :-)
mailboxes with such character. rustic view. (:
Great find.
Makes an interesting picture.
Those are pretty ugly! Maybe the neighborhood has covenants that won't allow new boxes. ;)
Most people here keep their mailboxes until they are mowed down by a snowplow. No sense replacing one until then, I guess. :))
Kathy, lol! You are too funny. I agree, somebody needs to do something for these pitiful mail receptacles. Even graffiti might help. Lawdy!
Some don't even have doors! I think this is carrying the "patina" thing too far. :) I like the idea of a meme for mailboxes...hmmm...maybe you could start one.
I think this so interesting.
I saw some in Hawaii and I never forgot and never did go back that day to take a photo.
This are really ugly. Maybe there should be a meme for mailboxes.
But in a way, they're kind of beautiful together.
What a cool shot!
Post a Comment