Monday, September 17, 2012

In the Garden


Melrose Plantation
Cane River
Natchitoches, Louisiana

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely! I guess this is/was a sugar plantation?

A Colorful World said...

Really pretty scene. I love the colors. It LOOKS like a southern plantation garden spot, even without seeing the plantation.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

they don't look comfortable enough for a long sitting spill but they have such character. (:

Gail Dixon said...

Charming! I think I see a fleur de lis on the lichen covered bench. :)

Suburban Girl said...

I am not sure I would sit, but they do add interest.

TexWisGirl said...

i was trying to read the word on the side of that chair. pooso..??

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Looks like a lovely spot to sit for awhile! I would want a cushion though.

Rohrerbot said...

Now that's just nice. Hope you save me a seat:) I have to get new benches for our property this fall once the fountain is set up. Should be interesting. But this would be the look I'd like to have at El Presidio.

Magpie said...

They appear to have weathered many a day. Is that lettering on the end of the closest one?

Everything Changes said...

Nice!