Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stick Fences


Glenrio, Texas/New Mexico
On the Texas/New Mexico border

In Arizona and New Mexico, these type of fences are called coyote fences.  In Deep East Texas they are called goat fences.  What are they called where you live?

Joining with other fence fanatics in Fridays Fences

18 comments:

Andy said...

It's my first time seeing a stick fence. Interesting concept.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i saw plenty of those recently on our out west trip & i wondered what they were for ... thank you for telling me. so great to learn something new. (:

Anonymous said...

I would have called it barbed wire probably had you it told me the proper name.

Rose said...

I have not seen a fence quite like this...

Tanya Breese said...

very simple and beautiful!

TexWisGirl said...

just this past year i've learned the 'coyote fence' term. see a few around here, but not too many.

Jidhu Jose said...

nice

Gail Dixon said...

This is exactly the way my grandparents' fence looked. Love it!

Inger said...

We don't have them around here, but we do have fence posts made from the juniper trees. But in Sweden we have some fabulous looking stick or branch fences. I have to look for pictures.
To answer your questions: I do read 7MSN every now and then. I was fortunate to be able to post about the donkey roping in Van Horn and many of my followers signed the petition then. I'm so grateful to everyone for doing it both then and now. Social media is such a powerful tool when used correctly.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

We don't see any of them around here. I wouldn't have know what to call them other than barbed wire.

Suburban Girl said...

I just love fences that are not so ordinary. I haven't seen this type before.

Latane Barton said...

I don't recall seeing stick fences before... interesting.

Jan n Jer said...

So unique

Dianne said...

I've never seen a stick fence
I like it

EG CameraGirl said...

I don't think I have ever seen one of these here before. But I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Elaine said...

I'm happy to say we don't have coyotes around here - but what an interesting fence. Lovely photos.

Brenda's Arizona said...

I had a college prof who was stationed in Del Rio during his military days. I can imagine what soldiers call them....

A Colorful World said...

Great fences! Very rustic!