we stayed at "palo duro state park in Texas" & (on our recent camping trip) they had a field with longhorn's supposedly present but i never got to see them. i wondered what they looked like. never seen one in person. great view. i never knew they trimmed their horns... figured they just took care of themselves with wearing or whatever. i learned something here. thanks. (:
Poor guy...at least the horn can be trimmed. We learned when we were in Texas that the longhorns you see now aren't the original ones from the past but are an African breed that was brought in. I don't know if that's true, but a man who owned several of them told us that. We were able to get very close to them and it was a little unnerving! :-) Love you B&W shot!
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
17 comments:
That would make things difficult wouldn't it? He'd have to hope for longer grass.
Such an exotic looking guy. Don't see many of these cows around here. Have a good weekend Kathy!
A great photo in B&W, - well done!
we stayed at "palo duro state park in Texas" & (on our recent camping trip) they had a field with longhorn's supposedly present but i never got to see them. i wondered what they looked like. never seen one in person. great view. i never knew they trimmed their horns... figured they just took care of themselves with wearing or whatever. i learned something here. thanks. (:
Wow! Impressive horns! Great shot!
:)
:)Big... handlebars.
poor baby!
Looks like he needed a corrective brace! :)
Great B&W. I hope he gets his horn trimmed soon!
Gosh, I hope it doesn't get stuck on something. I wonder if it hurts when you trim the horns? Great photo for b&w.
Poor guy...at least the horn can be trimmed. We learned when we were in Texas that the longhorns you see now aren't the original ones from the past but are an African breed that was brought in. I don't know if that's true, but a man who owned several of them told us that. We were able to get very close to them and it was a little unnerving! :-) Love you B&W shot!
Hope someone is paying attention. I bet those horns are heavy too.
Great shot. Bless him. I hope he doesn't get hungry before it gets corrected!
This is an amazing image! I LOVE it!
Excellent photo. A very photogenic animal.
I like this in B and W!
Oh, I never knew their horns were trimmed! Fascinating!
Post a Comment