I can almost smell the salty air. (I grew up on the Atlantic Ocean.)
Funny, but whenever I hear anything about Galveston I just cannot shake the horror of the hurricane that hit the Texas coast more than two decades ago. I have no idea why it affects me that way!
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
Lovely sight to greet you in the morning.
great view. enjoy the waves. (:
Beautiful scene! Have a happy week ahead!
Beautiful sea with the waves.
beautiful.
Love seeing the water...looks so serene.
I can almost smell the salty air. (I grew up on the Atlantic Ocean.)
Funny, but whenever I hear anything about Galveston I just cannot shake the horror of the hurricane that hit the Texas coast more than two decades ago. I have no idea why it affects me that way!
Everything looks so calm and serene right now; unlike during a hurricane. Nice to see it like this. :)
Wonderful. Even better is the hope that shrimp is on the horizon:)
I am thankful for shrimp fisherman! Yum! Great clouds in that sky!
Wonderful shot. I hope he caught some shrimp that day!
Post a Comment