Monday, September 10, 2012

My Favorite Barn


This is my favorite and most photographed barn.  It is abut a half mile down the road, and when I was a girl, it was known as the Kelly Dairy Barn.  Ava Kelly was one of my best friends.  I understand she now lives in Houston but I haven't seen her since 1955.  I wonder if she even still remembers me!

Linking with other charmers to Barn Charm at Bluff Area Daily

19 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I wonder if she still visits the barn. Wouldn't it be fun to have a get together at that building? That's a nice memory.

Karen Lakis said...

That's a beautiful photo. I wonder about old childhood friends sometimes, too - and reconnected with a couple of them on Facebook.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I love this barn.. and how you captured its character and charm!

Tanya Breese said...

what a great little barn full of memories for you! and i'm sure she still remembers you!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh, i sure hope you & Kelly will chat soon. that is a great story. too fun! (:

Magpie said...

I can see why you photograph it a lot. Love the colors in those trees.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I can see why it is your favorite one to photograph and the memories it brings. You should try and contact her. A reunion there would be so much fun!

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful barn. :)

Jan n Jer said...

I bet she has fond memories living here...great barn!

Gail Dixon said...

It is pretty. Great detail and framing with the trees.

Suburban Girl said...

Oh, I forgot about barn charm this week and I actually had a barn.

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet Ava still remembers you. Maybe someday she'll check out your place and discover you have moved back. Wouldn't that be fun?

Glenda said...

I can see why it's your favorite! It's beautiful and has special memories for you. Ava may be wondering the same thing about you!

I enjoyed your comments on my latest post about your mom's visits to her elderly relative. And yes, I do have a new hairdo and am wondering why I waited so long to go short!

A Colorful World said...

This is like a watercolor painting! The colors are wonderful. I can see why you love this barn. I also hope your childhood friend remembers you!

Indrani said...

Wow! Old but grand!

Halcyon said...

I am sure she remembers you. If you remember her, why wouldn't the same be true the other way round? :)
Nice barn. Very rustic!

Judy said...

I bet she still remembers you and this barn is great.

Anonymous said...

I bet she does, we don't forget our best friends!
Beautiful lil ol barn & lovin the fall colors, too =)

Lisa said...

If walls and wood could talk. I too have a fav house and barn. I havent been in a while. Maybe I should. Loved this photo . So well done.