Yup, it's very nice. Some of my first contacts with Texans was via phone from Wisconsin where I worked for an aerial photography company. They would call up to see if we took pictures of their place and would talk about having "tanks" in their pastures. Now, me, being a northern girl, would have called these "ponds". It took me a few times before I realized they were not describing army equipment or metal drinking containers.
My uncle's farm in Illinois had two wonderful stock ponds. The one in the upper field was a great place to fish...if you didn't mind the cattle joining you occasionally. :)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
That's lovely : )
This scene looks so calm and pastoral. I love farm lands.
Yup, it's very nice. Some of my first contacts with Texans was via phone from Wisconsin where I worked for an aerial photography company. They would call up to see if we took pictures of their place and would talk about having "tanks" in their pastures. Now, me, being a northern girl, would have called these "ponds". It took me a few times before I realized they were not describing army equipment or metal drinking containers.
A far cry for the desert, eh? Out here we call those "lakes". :-)
That would be lovely to have around here:)
I could sit right there for hours on end!
Thanks for sharing.
'hugs from afar'
My uncle's farm in Illinois had two wonderful stock ponds. The one in the upper field was a great place to fish...if you didn't mind the cattle joining you occasionally. :)
Amazing! The place looks so idyllic.
What is a stock pond? I am thinking fish, but I have no idea.
Post a Comment