Sunday, March 6, 2011
Balancing on a High Wire
This is my favorite little bird who visits our feeders. We believe him to be a pine warbler. And why not? We're in the middle of one of the largest pine forests in the world. In fact, our area is known as the Piney Woods, approximately 54,400 square miles, an area considered by the the World Wide Fund for Nature to be one of the critically endangered ecoregions of the United States. In some ways that's hard for me to believe, having come here from Phoenix where we had air pollution, water pollution, noise pollution, and the environment here seems so unspoiled. But I suppose the fragile nature of the place makes it very vulnerable to the activities of mankind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Oh, that's a beautiful bird--looks like he's sitting on a hat!
It is beautiful. Does it warble?
A greenish back with a yellow breast - very pretty!
I agree, it looks like a pine warbler. We have some that visit our feeders occasionally too. Beautiful!
Oh, he's so cute and I love the yellow and the red here.
Post a Comment