Saturday, March 19, 2011
Nacogdoches Depot
The Southern Pacific Railroad Passenger Station in Nacogdoches is a beautiful example of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture. Authorities seem to argue whether the depot was built in 1910,1911, or 1912. Closed to passenger service in the 1950s, it remains virtually unaltered since its construction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
It certainly is worth keeping as it looks to be in mint condition on the outside. I have not heard that name, "Nacogdoches" in a long time.
What a great building. I hope it will stand for many years to come.
What a fine looking depot that is. Would love to see it put back into use someday.
It's a great building. I would love to see it surrounded by the hustle and bustle of passengers.
The roof is awesome.
I passed your kind words on to Nicole. She says "Thank you".
I love these venerable old train stations. They are a reminder of how quickly times are changing.
Magnificent! I'm very fond of train stations and this one is GREAT!
It is beautiful. Sad that it hasn't found re use, but I like that it is unchanged.
Wow! That's a stunning old depot.
Post a Comment