The outline of the State of Texas caught my eye on a red brick building on a recent trip to Crockett (yes, it's named for Davy Crockett, the frontiersman who died 175 years ago last Sunday at the Alamo fighting for Texas independence).
Are there craftsmen like this anymore? Do they care about the details anymore? This is wonderful. You should know I have become a somewhat-MOREish (smiles) erratic driver of late because I am always looking for brickart to photograph. Thank you for expanding my horizons. Happy Thursday!
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
10 comments:
Some great designs and patterns in there, and of course Texas!
Except for the Texas shape, that looks like a place in my town.
Terrific brick work. You don't see that anymore, do you?
Interesting detail! I enlarged it to try to see how it was done. Whatever, it's stunning!
Gorgeous! I love this.
Are there craftsmen like this anymore? Do they care about the details anymore? This is wonderful. You should know I have become a somewhat-MOREish (smiles) erratic driver of late because I am always looking for brickart to photograph. Thank you for expanding my horizons.
Happy Thursday!
excellent workmanship.
I love the vivid color and tight framing of your image. Very nice graphic design.
They sure are proud of their state.
Great photo, Kathy!
Post a Comment