For those of you out there still in the throes of winter with snow on the ground, please don't thinking I'm bragging when I say this picture was taken on February 27 and this is what most of our pastures look like right now!
Look at that tall green grass -- lovely! And, I love this rusty old barn. So much fun to take pics of barns like this. I wish there were more around SRQ.
These old bars are so amazing photo subjects. I envy you for this early spring. This tear spring is late by us, we've just had a short snow episode though the sun is shining .
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
13 comments:
Our snow finally melted - so the grass here is still all mushy.
Lovely photo : )
Look at that tall green grass -- lovely! And, I love this rusty old barn. So much fun to take pics of barns like this. I wish there were more around SRQ.
Oh, this would be a perfect contribution for Tricia's Barn Charm!
Rusty roof and old barn wood! It's a two-for. I love shots like this. Something well used and worn but still useful. Gives me hope for myself. :)
Great photographs Kathy! You portray your part of Texas beautifully. I especially like the old structures.
It is a lovely barn, must be repaired a little, but very rustique.
GREEN - and the barn is beautiful too!
'hugs from afar'
These old bars are so amazing photo subjects.
I envy you for this early spring. This tear spring is late by us, we've just had a short snow episode though the sun is shining .
Oh that's a great old place!
Darn good lookin'!
Definitely more green there than here. The roof shape is different from anything here...or that I have noticed, anyway.
Yep! The grass is getting greener! Love this old barn!
Wow. Easily a favorite!
Post a Comment