I do like the gold tints on the wood, I think the sky is a little to intense to get the black and white to pop against it. If the sky was lighter I would go bw cause it would give you that nice contrasty look, but with that blue sky I would go color and maybe even accentuate the gold tones.
Dang...this is a hard call. I like them both, but find myself leaning toward the bw due to subject matter...but then again, the blue of the sky is gorgeous. Okay...eeny, meeny, miney, mo....
Like them both - the b&w looks like a still out of a Hitchcock movie very sinister, whereas the colour brings out the warmth and I expect to see Dorothy from Oz skipping along by.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
To me, the black and white is more striking for this image. But I do like the color, too.
And I'm totally a sucker for the blue sky and gold tints on the wood. COLOR!
I am a color gal, but that doesn't mean the B&W isn't stunning!
Both are nice, but I'm always partial to bw and that seems to still stand here :)
As much as I love black and white, in the end I'm a color guy. I like the simplicity of both images, but lean toward the color one.
I do like the gold tints on the wood, I think the sky is a little to intense to get the black and white to pop against it. If the sky was lighter I would go bw cause it would give you that nice contrasty look, but with that blue sky I would go color and maybe even accentuate the gold tones.
Dang...this is a hard call. I like them both, but find myself leaning toward the bw due to subject matter...but then again, the blue of the sky is gorgeous. Okay...eeny, meeny, miney, mo....
LIKE THE B+W version stands out well against the plain sky.
Although in this photo, the blue sky is magnificent - I do prefer the black and white in this one. Very dramatic looking up.
I like the color version. It looks a little antique and weathered. :)
Like them both - the b&w looks like a still out of a Hitchcock movie very sinister, whereas the colour brings out the warmth and I expect to see Dorothy from Oz skipping along by.
Post a Comment