Saturday, March 26, 2011

Azalea Trail

The Nacogdoches Azalea Trail is in full swing.  There are three driving trails totaling 28 miles through the entire city to show off this spring's bounty.  Below is a small sampling of what one can see in the more upscale area of town.





For three photographs taken in the historic district, please visit my photo-a-day blog HERE.

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Amazing beauty . . . especially the pinks!! Pretty homes, too!

T. Becque said...

A tranquil scene - very pretty!

Doug Hickok said...

Wow, these are gorgeous. You're a little ahead of us with the azaleas. Ours are maybe 50% in bloom.

Birdman said...

I can almost smell the fragrances.

TexWisGirl said...

Oh that 3rd shot is gorgeous with the sweeping tree branches. I could live under there for a day at least...

Sharon said...

Such gorgeous blooms around such pretty houses. I think the third shot is my favorite too!

tracy said...

It must smell wonderful. This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to move out of the desert. But then winter comes.

Magpie said...

I have to say, Nacogdoches looks like a very affluent town. Lovely. Do some of the not-so beautiful homes also love the azaleas? Do they have a scent...the flowers not the not-so beautiful homes. Does the air smell like perfume?

Suburban Girl said...

Beautiful! Today I am freezing and even out daffodils are looking pretty sad out there. Can't wait for azaleas!

Lara said...

Stunning, stunning, and in a word stunning. Those flowers are so lush!