Thursday, March 24, 2011
Ruby M. Mize Azalea Garden
This stunning azalea garden is located on the grounds of Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches. It is so well-known throughout the state of Texas that tour buses roll into the city for several weeks bringing flower lovers to view the magnificent grounds. The eight-acre garden is a joint venture between the university horticulture department and citizens of Nacogdoches who believe that beautiful gardens should be a part of the educational process. Established in 1997 in a loblolly pine forest, it has 1.25 miles of accessible paved trails for the viewing of 46 planting beds and 50 benches for just gazing and relaxing.
The Nacogdoches Azalea Trail is in full swing for the next couple of weeks and there are three separate driving trails over 28 miles throughout the city for the viewing of homes which have beautiful azalea-landscaped yards. I'm hoping to make some of that drive this weekend. I wish my photography skills were greater because the above picture does not do justice to the beauty of this garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Oh my gosh that's pretty!
I love azaleas! We saw so many in Louisiana and I think they are just about to bloom here in Arkansas.
That looks and sounds like a wonderful trail. Have fun a ramblin' along it this weekend!
Ah, this place looks delightful! Wonderful shots Kathy, I really get a feel for what it's like.
There's an area long Turtle Creek in Dallas that has tons of azalea bushes. They're just wonderful. :)
I've been waiting to see these ever since you first mentioned them. And I am not disappointed!! How do you stand it? My mouth would be gaping open the entire time. I love both your shots, but the butterfly - icing on the cake. Have a wonderful weekend. Tracy is coming to take me to lunch today! :) We'll say all kinds of nice things about you, so get ready for your ears to burn.
WOW ... WOW ... WOW ... love it!
'hugs from afar'
28 miles of azaleas! That's about 28 more miles of them than we have in Phoenix.
Lovely shots!
Now I get your comment on my blog!! Good minds think alike!! Beautiful!
Spectacular--ahhhhhhh!
Post a Comment