Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Railroad Graveyard


I actually shot this picture with my camera lens stuck through the chains of a chain-link fence at what appeared to be a railroad graveyard outside of Rusk, Texas.  There is a railroad museum on the grounds of a state park nearby, but quite a number of old rundown train cars of many different types were parked on a spur behind fencing a few miles from the park/museum entrance.  This car seems to have been constructed of multimedia:  wood, metal, bricks.  I presume it was a caboose only because of the shape and the color red.  Any further ideas or speculation would be appreciated.

11 comments:

T. Becque said...

Wow, that's pretty neat! I like your treatment of this photo too.

Mister D said...

Great reds - love the grens bleeding out of the windows.

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful picture with the lines and the colours.

SRQ said...

I wonder what they were thinking when they built this thing. Nice shot -- especially for shooting through a fence.

TexWisGirl said...

It's lovely in a sad, neglected, used up kind of way. :)

tracy said...

I don't know what it is but I like it! (even though it's not "only rock n' roll")

Suburban Girl said...

Too bad for the fence...think of the photos you could get inside there!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I applaud you for sticking your camera lens through the fens to get this photo, Kathy! Way to go!! Now you need to get brave enough to climb the fence. (OK, I don't think I would climb it either...except in my dreams.)

Magpie said...

Is that glass in the windows reflecting or are we looking straight through the car? Great shot and I'm so proud of you for getting wild with your camera. :)

Doug Hickok said...

You spotted a great subject Kathy! I love the strong colors and graphic framing.

Lara said...

Great shot! Love the color and composition of this one.