Monday, July 2, 2012
East Point, Texas
I spotted this charmer in the community of East Point on a recent road trip to North Central Texas. Sitting out on the Texas prairie it is unique to this area in that it appears to have glass windows and even a door with glass panes that matches the red roof. I'm sure the door is a modern improvement although the windows seem to be original.
Another view of the same barn from a different angle. East Point was settled in the 1870s. By 1896 its one-teacher school had 86 students. In 2000 the total population was 40.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



18 comments:
Hi Kathy, this is a pretty barn. I like the roof too specially the color looks like the roof we use in the Philippines. Happy Tuesday!
Kim, USA
I'd say that almost looks like someones studio...
Oh WoW! Looks like one of those old general stores/mechanics shop... waaay back when! Awesome find & love the porch
Thank you so much for joining =)
Hi Kathy. I really like this barn. It does look like it could be lived in. I like the little windows in the peak.
I love this one Kathy!
I wonder if the cowboys stayed there in the middle. :)
This one is full of CHARM!
It is a charmer, great find! Love the photos. Have a great day!
It is a charmer, great find! Love the photos. Have a great day!
what a gorgeous setting. just lovely. (:
Wow! Looks like someone's home. . .I've wanted to convert our big barn to a home for years, but haven't had the courage to do it. . .Really nice shots. . .
very rustic n charming...it looks as if it could be someones home!
I love Farm Road 312
cool sign
the barn is wonderful, your second shot is fantastic
Such an interesting structure! Looks like part barn/part shed. I love it though and could see myself making a home there. It oozes charm!
This IS a great barn with tons of charm! I love the shape of the building and the colour of the roof.
what a BEAUTY!!!
Who knows at one time that might have been the main ranch.
I wonder if someone has turned it into a studio of some sort. I could see myself spending some time there.
This is a charmer! Easily fixed up...but not too much. 40 students!!! One of the smallest school around....I have that many in each of 5 classes!
Very idyllic! Lovely shots.
Post a Comment