B&W was the best choice for this shot. These boxy brick building are so common in my area but this one has such personality between the sign and the damaged roof and boarded up appearance.
Man, it's got growth coming out of every possible place. Well, except for the vent duct in the center. Too bad it was left to the elements. Looks like it was once a nice store.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
14 comments:
Wonderful B&W picture! Don't you wish you could see back through a time machine at this store in its heyday!
i always wonder what is it that make a picture look so different in black & white over a colored photo. so fun. (:
certainly overgrown!
Seen better days, but the critters must love it. I like that signage.
Look at those vines along the front. I think mother nature is reclaiming this little plot of ground.
B&W was the best choice for this shot. These boxy brick building are so common in my area but this one has such personality between the sign and the damaged roof and boarded up appearance.
I feel like there are several rodents inside this place with maybe an owl or two nesting:)
Those weeds grew very fast, and took over quickly too. Fantastic photo!
Man, it's got growth coming out of every possible place. Well, except for the vent duct in the center. Too bad it was left to the elements. Looks like it was once a nice store.
It looks a bit neglected.
Memories of time past.
All I can say is LOVE. I love investigating such places.
Looks so much like abandoned buildings here. Another nice shot!
I love those old buildings. Especially when there is signage still visible.
Post a Comment