Kathy, I'm so sorry the thumbnail didn't turn out... that seems to be an ongoing problem w/ the linky, someone's ends up that way every week... the only way to fix it is to delete that one & re-enter it, but that would put you at the end of the list. I'm going to bring this to 'the linky guy's' attention, but if it happens again, just re-enter it & see if that works.
The barn is great & I love the faint color of the shot & all those trees in the background! Great find
I meant to tell you that I'm not sure I could go speak to the barn's owners now since it was vandalized only a week after I photographed it. They might think I had something to do with it! But I had originally thought I would go ask them to tell me what they grow, etc. Maybe I can later.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
22 comments:
hey, i see hints of color here & there. cool effect. that is a great view. (:
Nice find Kathy! I like the cows and the hint of color~!
That's gorgeous, Kathy!
i really like how you processed this! really nice!
I love the cows in the foreground...
Gorgeous in monochrome!
A beautiful, pastoral scene. Nice touch with the edit. You are rocking the rural shots!
i really love this and once again your processing is super!
Love the vintage look.. could be back in the pioneer days! Great shot
Love the old barns. Richard
Beautiful pictures in your blog greetings from the Canary Islands
Cool photo! I like that the cattle are in the shot.
Time to ruminate a bit... love the b&w!
This is a nice take and choice of color scheme for this pic. A functional farm/ranch:) It's nice to see.
Great job on processing this one, Kathy.
Kathy, I'm so sorry the thumbnail didn't turn out... that seems to be an ongoing problem w/ the linky, someone's ends up that way every week... the only way to fix it is to delete that one & re-enter it, but that would put you at the end of the list. I'm going to bring this to 'the linky guy's' attention, but if it happens again, just re-enter it & see if that works.
The barn is great & I love the faint color of the shot & all those trees in the background! Great find
Thank you for joining =)
This photo is very mooving!
Love the barn and processing.
This is a wonderful shot! Reminds me of the westerns I used to watch every Saturday morning! I like it!
Nice barn and with bonus cows. I see a truck back there too!
Reminds me of my AL childhood summers!
I meant to tell you that I'm not sure I could go speak to the barn's owners now since it was vandalized only a week after I photographed it. They might think I had something to do with it! But I had originally thought I would go ask them to tell me what they grow, etc. Maybe I can later.
Post a Comment