Friday, July 6, 2012

Thee Hubbell House


The Thee Hubbell House was built in the 1890s in Winnsboro, Texas, about 75 miles east of Dallas.  The stately plantation style mansion is now a bed and breakfast with rooms available in the mansion, the carriage house, and a cottage.  The house sits among 400-year-old oak trees and has a history with ties to many famous persons.  A brief history can be read HERE
.

Original horsehead hitching posts are prevalent in this area.

11 comments:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely photos of this magnificent house, Kathy.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a gorgeous old home. love it. (:

Birdman said...

Love that hitching post... oh ya, and the house too. I'd stay a few nights.

TexWisGirl said...

it is pretty. (that poor woman - what a name: Ima Hogg) :)

Everything Changes said...

I could live there.

Gail Dixon said...

What a neat place. Nice to know that's available. Thanks for sharing.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very grand! I cannot imagine living like this. I'm such a peasant! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of The Thee House. (That makes me giggle.)

Lara said...

Love this house!

Magpie said...

I'm with Tracy...it's a funny name to say out loud. :) Very grand!

Kranky Granny said...

I love touring homes like this. What a great capture.