Looks like an interesting place for a little adventure, although probably only in broad daylight and accompanied by a very large and protective gentleman companion. ; )
i wish you'd put together a coffee table book of your deserted/decaying homes and barns. i think it would be fantastic! (i know - you'd probably prefer to do the courthouse one first...) :)
This is fantastic! I envision a tough old lady sitting on the front porch with her shotgun, ready to ward off intruders. Or, a sweet elderly couple passing the time playing cards or checkers. So many of those types of scenarios come to mind. Awesome!
Reminds me of an old movie set. I can see the bandits siting around a table under this overhang giving the barmaid looks while discussing their next raid.
What a find. Unfortunately for me to find cool places like this I would have to go into the city in the 'bad' parts. I would never go alone and never with pricey camera equipment around my neck. I drove through an area 2 days ago and wished I could stop and take photos, but I wouldn't dare get out of the car.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
14 comments:
Looks like an interesting place for a little adventure, although probably only in broad daylight and accompanied by a very large and protective gentleman companion.
; )
I wonder who lived here and what their story was.
i wish you'd put together a coffee table book of your deserted/decaying homes and barns. i think it would be fantastic! (i know - you'd probably prefer to do the courthouse one first...) :)
Reminds me of the movie Last Picture Show. :) Great capture Kathy.
That's a tiny house- the porch looks like it was bigger than the living area!
This is fantastic! I envision a tough old lady sitting on the front porch with her shotgun, ready to ward off intruders. Or, a sweet elderly couple passing the time playing cards or checkers. So many of those types of scenarios come to mind. Awesome!
Wow!!! Ghosts abound around this place I think:)
You've captured the spirit of this place perfectly!
Wow, nice old abandoned building.
"Come and sit for a spell". Isn't that what the witch said to Hansel and Gretel? :-)
Wonderful old building, Kathy--I just love it! Hey, I might get your way next spring when I go visit a friend....we'll email about this! :-)
Nice capture!
Reminds me of an old movie set. I can see the bandits siting around a table under this overhang giving the barmaid looks while discussing their next raid.
I love photos like this. Tons of character.
What a find. Unfortunately for me to find cool places like this I would have to go into the city in the 'bad' parts. I would never go alone and never with pricey camera equipment around my neck. I drove through an area 2 days ago and wished I could stop and take photos, but I wouldn't dare get out of the car.
Post a Comment