Saturday, July 28, 2012

Fishing Hole


I caught my first fish, a little sun perch about five inches long, 
63 years ago sitting with my feet danging over the side on a wooden bridge much like this one.

10 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

Did you throw a line into this one?

TexWisGirl said...

it is beautiful. what a great memory, too. :)

Magpie said...

What a memory! Bet they were bare feet too.

Anonymous said...

And how many fish have you caught since then? I think that would be a place I would return to many times.

Rohrerbot said...

Love it. Beautiful little memory. And this pic captures the feel of a secret little place that not many know about....

A Colorful World said...

What a beautiful memory! There was a little footbridge over a creek near my grandmother's house that looked a lot like this...I hadn't thought about it in years!

Gail Dixon said...

I remember my first fish too! Catching bream and perch with my dad at Lake Verett. We were standing in water about knee deep and I could see schools and schools of them. We took a whole ice chest home filled with fish. What a great day. Well, until daddy shot a snake with his pistol. :/

Love the shot of your special spot on the bridge. So pretty and great reflection in the water, with that hint of the blue sky surrounded by all that green. :)

Kranky Granny said...

You visited here at the perfect time of day. Great reflections.

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet you were very, VERY excited! In fact, I think you still may be. :)

Brenda's Arizona said...

For a second I feel like Huck Finn. Nice, Kathy.