I stayed overnight in Deming, New Mexico, having logged a little over 500 miles closer to my destination. Loading Truck up the next morning for the last leg of the journey I found this VW trailered in the hotel parking lot. Even in the dullness of the pre-sunrise light, I immediately spotted all that rust and the juices started running. The trailer had an Indiana plate, and I immediately wondered why anyone would trailer a rusted-out car halfway across the country. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. My gain!
The further west I travel, the more dramatic the scenery.

7 comments:
I hope the VW is in way better condition under the hood than the outside would suggest. Cool photo op, for sure, but a long, long way from home!
Someone will return it to its former glory.
That scenery is looking very familiar! Doesn't Texas take forever to get across?! :)
My daughter "aahed" when she saw the VW. She wants one so bad, but with an automatic and air conditioning. :) You're getting closer.
The VW made me immediately think of special man in our church/community when I was growing up. He drove a VW and worked on them for others. His son often took us teenagers for rides in his dad's "bug." You would be surprised how many of us would "fit" in one! Good memories!
Looks like you are enjoying your trip; your photos are wonderful, as always!
maybe the next time you see that traveling bug, it'll be restored and loved. :)
I thought the Budget car rental sign was referring to the VW!
Post a Comment