Friday, July 22, 2011

26/100 Strangers ~ Jason


I met this gentlemen while a friend and I browsed through an antique store in Nacogdoches.  My friend had met him before.  It turns out he lives in an apartment above the store next door to the proprietor.  He had some old books he was bringing down to put on consignment.  He told us about a monthly auction in town and reminded us of some of the town's flea markets.  He said he usually has a booth at a couple of them.  He overheard me asking the proprietor if he had a bottle sprinkler top (Remember when we sprinkled our clothes the night before we ironed them?  Actually, remember when we ironed our clothes?)  A little later Jason advised that he was pretty sure he had one of those bottle tops upstairs in his apartment somewhere and if I'd leave him my phone number he would give me a call and give it to me if and when he found it!  Isn't that sweet?  Thanks, Jason, for being Stranger No. 26.

10 comments:

Maia T said...

That's a great portrait of this stranger no.26. Why do you call him so? Do you have 25 others?
I like how you captured the background with all that old stuff. I can lose hours in these shops (but by nothing).

Actually, ironing is still in use by me, especially in summer on cotton and silk clothes.

TexWisGirl said...

sounds like a great guy to know in that area! what a nice fellow.

T. Becque said...

I must admit that I haven't done a stranger photo in a long time :{
This is a great spontaneous looking shot, nice job!

Doug Hickok said...

Wonderful impromptu image and story Kathy. Hope you find your sprinkler :^)

Maia T said...

Thank you Kathy for the explains. Now I understand. Unfortunately, sometimes lose the flow of the stories.
Have a great weekend!

EG CameraGirl said...

Me thinks you flashed a BIG smile and batted your eyelashes.

Now why do you want one of those sprinkler tops? :)

Magpie said...

How could you not smile when looking at this face??? What a charmer. I'm glad to hear you're making new, gentleman friends in Nacogdoches.

Anonymous said...

Strangers in the night, scooby dooby.

Suburban Girl said...

In my grandmother's diaries she always mentions when she sprinkled the wash!

Francisca said...

People don't iron their clothes anymore? What century an I living in? I really like this strangers project... and this man has a lot of character, and helpful too, it seems. I'd like one of those bottles too, please.