This shell of a building, which probably suffered a devastating fire, retains some of its previous beauty ~ red bricks, arches, vines ~ and has been turned into a downtown picnic area in Center, Texas.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
In exploring your blog I see you too like peeling paint and rusted signs. Only yours are in the countryside and mine in the city.
thanks for visiting and commenting.
I've enjoyed these shots you don't often see in a travel brochure. It's small town life.
oh, that's neat! glad they didn't just tear it down. it looks very beautiful still!
Reminds me of the glass blowing studio we saw in Jerome!
This is so wonderful. Do you have pictures of it in it's current incarnation?
FabulousGoodCreations
Wow there is something hauntingly beautiful about that.
Nice that they keep it. I love seeing that kind of thing.
Post a Comment