Linden, Texas is the gateway to the Piney Woods of East Texas so once I got to Linden, I knew I was close to the end of my trip. Linden is home to the Music City Texas Theater. The facility will hold 25 percent of the town's population and hosts several concerts throughout the year. (The theater has a seating capacity of 450 and the town's population is 2250.) Upcoming concerts scheduled are the T-Bone Walker ("Daddy of the Blues") Blues Festival, a Summer Bluegrass Show featuring Hickory Hill, and Doyle Dykes, a fingerstyle guitarist. Linden's native sons include Scott Joplin, T-Bone Walker, and Don Henley, lead singer and guitarist of The Eagles.
Last stop on the trip home was Jefferson, Texas, a quaint little town filled with history, lots of antique shops, and beautiful historic homes. Below is a small sampling of some of the things I saw in the two hours I spent there. And because I had one of the best barbecue brisket plates I've had in a long time, I'm definitely going back when it's cooler to take in all the sights.
Thanks for joining me on my road trip. I drove 3,131 miles and went through places such as Concord, Reklaw (Walker spelled backwards), Maydelle, Palestine, Beverly Hills, Early, Bangs, Claude, Goodnight, Memphis, Estelline, Oklaunion, Magnolia, Electra, Belcherville, Paris, Reno, Blossom, Detroit, Malta, New Boston, Boston, Old Boston (yep, all three), and Maud. I had a grand time. Hope you did too.





11 comments:
I've enjoyed all of your Texas shots, especially those tinted with nostalgia.
love that mural painted across the brick wall. you have a real knack for sharing the best of the country with us. thank you for bringing us along on your roadtrip...
Thank you for sharing your pics from this trip. My favorite is the blue truck. There are signs all over to remind us of our earlier times...
Such wonderful murals. I'm glad you are already planning to return to take more photos. Everything looks so different from anything her that I find your photos fascinating.
excellent signs. good eye
This has been a good trip, thanks for taking us! You got some great photos, I love this old stuff.
Over 3,000 miles and all by yourself! See how adventurous you are. I'm glad you got to see so many amazing places and shared them all with us. I think you need to take a little down time. :) What's for dinner?
Th mural is great, I loved your trip, hope you go again soon.
Oh, I love Jefferson! Haven't been there in a while, but last time there I took some of the same pics .. . but not nearly as good as yours! Glad you had a safe trip; you did a super job of capturing your travels!
Great old signs! And yes, I have had fun seeing all of your road trip photos to places I have never seen.
What a fun trip!
Post a Comment