Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Gothic structure of native volcanic rock constructed in 1929
Gargoyles on the east side of the church
(not visible in above photograph)
Historic building in downtown Flagstaff
Red rocks of Sedona
Archway in Tlaquepaque, Sedona
Tlaquepaque is a collection of galleries, shops and fine restaurants
(Pronounced ta-LOCKY- POCKY)






10 comments:
I have this thing about gargoyles... love them.
wow, that is some church! whew! and the colors of sedona are just awe-inspiring...
This must have been your favorite leg of the trip ('cept for visiting your daughter). I know it would have been mine!
I wouldn't expect such a gothic church in Arizona! I would have thought this was Europe.
Love those red rocks/hills.
Loved the door shot at Tlaquepaque (I've heard the gringos pronounce Tee-Lacky-Packy)
The church looks strange to me, the colour pink? I love the red rocks of Sedona, great to see.
Oh, my! These are all wonderful . . . and I like the variety of scenery you posted! The church is amazing and very unique!
You asked if my photo or my words come first in creating a post. It works both ways, but most of the time the pic "speaks" to me. At other times, I just share what God is teaching me.
I definitely need to get back to Arizona! Lovely photos.
I love these shots. I have a picture of the church and gargoyles too! Two of my favorite places to visit!
These are excellent shots! I love the detail of the dragons. The gothic design(gotic) was extremely popular in Europe....particularly Barcelona. I wish I could go back with my current camera. The passageway is really beautiful.
Post a Comment