Chillicothe, Texas
Population 800
Jackpot: I found FOUR rusted antique tractors at a little park in Chillicothe. Although rusty and without tires on the rims, I found it interesting that this one had a big wet oil spot right underneath the motor, so it may be antique but it shows signs of having been operated not too far in the recent past.
Metal dome on the First Methodist Church in Chillicothe. The original stained glass windows were crafted during World War I in Germany and crossed the Atlantic three times before being accepted by US Customs in New York and shipped by train to Chillicothe.



8 comments:
You find out the most interesting bits of information about the places you visit. Love that rust!!
Jackpot! Fine job catching those tractors at rest.
LOVE that old tractor! That's something, the dome crossing the Atlantic three times!
how interesting on those windows. :)
That's funny about the oil spot! Great stuff you've found. You really made the most of your time on your road trip.
FOUR rusted tractors? You must have been in Rust Heaven.
Did you do hdr on that last photo? It looks hdr-ish.
I love your photography! The rusty tractor is my favorite....something you'd find in a field in Wisconsin by a pile of logs. A forgotten piece of history.
Post a Comment