Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Who has the key?


An iron door guards a mysterious spot in Jerome, Arizona.  This doorway is built into the side of the mountain in one of the terraced areas of Jerome.  It looks very strong, almost like a cell door.  Where does it go?  What is it protecting?  Who has the key?

9 comments:

A Colorful World said...

I LOVE this! I am sure this was a jail. There is a similar one in a small high desert town NE of here, cut right into the rock. I haven't been to Jerome yet, but would love to go!

TexWisGirl said...

hmmm. interesting.

Amy Burzese said...

Great find! Don't you wish you could research everything you take photos of?

Magpie said...

I would say Yale has the key, but it looks more like a Master lock. :)

If this went into the side of the mountain, I would guess it was a cool place to store goodies or hunt pirates.

SRQ said...

Looks creepy to me. New lock...old iron door.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely capture. Yes, there is an air of mystery about it...

EG CameraGirl said...

OH OH! I promise to be food, Honest!

Gail Dixon said...

Very cool. Does get the imagination going! Are you able to research and find out?

Rohrerbot said...

Love this mysterious shot:) It goes to the center of the Earth via a tunnel created by dwarves. But it's probably just a mine full of rattlesnakes:)