Thursday, May 3, 2012
American White Pelican
I visited the Phoenix Zoo in February of this year. They have some wonderful habitats for the animals, including a beautiful river/bayou for many of the Southern coastal birds. I was quite disappointed to find several items of trash contaminating the beautiful pelicans' habitat. Hopefully it was a random occurrence and the litter was cleaned up shortly after I visited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
This is a beautiful capture. I don't think I would have thought of it in black and white, but it works very well.
Oh that's just awful- I hope someone scooped that trash out of the water!
i hope the pool boy showed up for work that day!
a lovely photo, though.
I guess you could say it reflects real life. :-(
Great timing but I hope he hasn't swallowed that plastic thing. It's more than enough what's happening to the poor creatures in the oceans.
Love the white pelicans! Saw a group of them once and they synchronized their diving. It was quite beautiful.
Hate to see trash in their little habitat. Hopefully, he didn't swallow that thing!
It's always shocking to find litter. I think sometimes the wind blows that junk into the water. Love what you did to the picture:)
Is that a can he's having fro breakfast? Sheeesh! Not good.
He's a wonderful bird! Is that a coffee cup he's after? Awful!
That trash is the first thing I noticed. Sad.
Wow, looks almost like a swam. Almost. :-)
Lovely B&W capture, Kathy!
I was wondering what it had in its mouth. That is a shame. Beautiful picture though.
Post a Comment