Just gorgeous! Love the butterfly AND the flower! Great photo!
By the way, the hummingbirds are in an aviary at the Desert Museum and that makes them really easy to photograph, which is lucky for me! :-) The Western Tanager was wild. We were all so stunned when we saw him!
I hadn't seen this one before I asked about the Vitex tree(sometimes called a Chaste Tree). I see you call it an Indian Spice Tree. It is a beautiful butterfly. They are hard to get good pictures of since they move so much.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
14 comments:
Whoa! Gorgeous sight!
Gorgeous sighting and butterfly. Great capture, Kathy!
so pretty!!! great shot!
Proves that you don't have to go out to find a photo op!
Wow -- beautiful! That's so pretty with the lavender flowers.
Look at that! He posed long enough for you to get a good shot!!
Beauty!
WOW! This is a beautiful swallowtail, likely a variety that never appears in Canada - though I don't know that for certain.
So pretty . . . and peaceful looking!
So pretty. I have really gotten behind here. :-)
Just gorgeous! Love the butterfly AND the flower! Great photo!
By the way, the hummingbirds are in an aviary at the Desert Museum and that makes them really easy to photograph, which is lucky for me! :-) The Western Tanager was wild. We were all so stunned when we saw him!
Beautiful photo with great composition, Kathy!
Gorgeous pattern!
I hadn't seen this one before I asked about the Vitex tree(sometimes called a Chaste Tree). I see you call it an Indian Spice Tree. It is a beautiful butterfly. They are hard to get good pictures of since they move so much.
Post a Comment