P.S. In answer to your questions regarding Lisbon's Mouraria disctrit: - That's the area where the Moors have been confined after the conquest of Lisbon in 1147. Of course both the buildings and cobblestones are not that old, but I can't tell you how old they really are because, although this district was severely damaged after the 1775 Earthquake, it didn't collapse, therefore there's a big mix of old and not so old constructions. It's a poor neighbourhood mainly inhabited by immigrants and, yes, I believe they don't own cars.
Sadly, this photo is definitely "anonymous" for me...it didn't come through. But I wanted to tell you how wonderful it is that you have such a great tomato yield! I feel like I am so behind with some of my veggies because of the heat, but I will replant some of the same (and different) things in late August for the fall.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
What lovely-coloured plumage that bird has... It's habitat has provided some protection from paparazzi!
Most have big mouth, especially in AM. Hard to keep unnoticed for long.
Lovely capture and funny title! :-)
P.S. In answer to your questions regarding Lisbon's Mouraria disctrit:
- That's the area where the Moors have been confined after the conquest of Lisbon in 1147. Of course both the buildings and cobblestones are not that old, but I can't tell you how old they really are because, although this district was severely damaged after the 1775 Earthquake, it didn't collapse, therefore there's a big mix of old and not so old constructions. It's a poor neighbourhood mainly inhabited by immigrants and, yes, I believe they don't own cars.
You really are good at titling your blog posts, Kathy!
Love the photo and bird, Kathy! What fun in looking at the feather details. Can you imagine painting this guy?
Great title, Kathy! And great photo of this beautiful bird. They are difficult to photograph and you got the best part: his wing!
Sadly, this photo is definitely "anonymous" for me...it didn't come through. But I wanted to tell you how wonderful it is that you have such a great tomato yield! I feel like I am so behind with some of my veggies because of the heat, but I will replant some of the same (and different) things in late August for the fall.
Such a pretty bird!!!
Post a Comment