Thursday, May 31, 2012
Frolicking
A young man frolics with his dog on the grounds of the Coconino Courthouse Courthouse in Flagstaff, Arizona, last July 2011. I once lived in Flagstaff and it was perhaps my favorite of all the places I've ever lived (although that number has not been too great as an adult). It is a beautiful small mountain city at almost 7,000 feet elevation, and the warmest month of the year, July, has an average high temperature of 81 degrees! Most residents do not even have air-conditioning units in their homes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
wow. and then you came back to texas... :)
We're planning a trip soon to the Grand Canyon...it will be my third time, Russell's maybe seventh time, and our daughter and her husband have both been a few times as well....the grandson has never been. It will be the first time we will all get to go together. I noticed the accommodations rarely has AC and when I checked on the temps in August, I found out why! Yep, it would be an amazing place to live! Glad you got to live there once!
Frolic is such an underused wonderful word!
Those are my kind of temps! If only...but I just relocated so not likely to happen. Can't imagine living in an area that didn't require a/c. Great shot of the young man with his dog. Hope you have a great weekend!
Great action shot with a wonderful background.
Perfect image for "frolicking". I would love to spend some of my summer frolicking in Flagstaff. :)
I've been to Flagstaff in August and seen snow on the mountains! I never ever though that would be possible in Arizona...so it was a real education.
Love the stonework!
Lovely shot, Kathy.
Post a Comment