Sunday, May 6, 2012

Last Night's Super Moon


I have never been lucky enough to get a picture of the moon that I felt was worthy of sharing.  So what happened last night?  Not a clue.  This is SOOC, auto setting, handheld (albeit propped against a post to minimize shake).  I've seen better obviously but I think the gods were with me on this one.  Now maybe I'll take the time to learn how to really do it!  The rise of a hill in the bottom left corner is just barely visible.  This just reinforces my feeling that most of my good photographs are accidental!  I need to change my name to The Accidental Photographer!

15 comments:

Giancarlo said...

Felice inizio settimana per Te...ciao

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Well done. It was a super moon this month.

Suburban Girl said...

Hooray for you! It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wowza, great shot!

TexWisGirl said...

love the orange! :)

SRQ said...

Well done, Kathy! I've never had good results with shooting the moon. I'll have to try your technique.

Magpie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I didn't get one single shot of the super moon. I have company from out of town and have been otherwise occupied, but I'm having fun!

Rohrerbot said...

Amen to that comment!!! I am terrible at the moon shots as well....my camera, even after I play with the billion setting, still can't get the moon right!!! I stood for an our and a half with my tripod getting the location right...and all I get is a moon. I couldn't used my point and shoot for that!!! Sometimes the best shots are accidental....and that is a great shot:) So I'd lie and say you planned it that way:)

Gail Dixon said...

Loving the color!!

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Beautiful! Love how you can just barely see the tree tops outline.

Anonymous said...

Well done, Kathy! It's gorgeous!

Birdman said...

Just finished Moon Over Manifest. I really liked it.

A Colorful World said...

I have a time with moon shots, too! This one is awesome! I remember seeing one like it once and thinking it looked like a peeled cantaloupe! :-) The moon was closest to the earth the night it was full...closer than its been in hundreds of years, I think. Maybe that helped. :-)

Don't worry....most professional photographers take dozens of pictures to get one good shot. They are "accidental" too. And thanks for your comments on my fences. This place is just overflowing with great photographic opportunities! Lots of artistic souls here.

Unknown said...

I have never succeded taking photos of the moon... :-) This one is just great.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Well it's fantastic! Well done, whatever and however you did it, Kathy.

Here is my "supermoon" post with my shot from my "other" blog:

http://nicholasjv.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/moonstruck.html