Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Rambling Rose
My mom has this beautiful red climbing rose planted on one end of a little storage building. The rose just winds and trails and even grows over a fence and up into the branches of an Indian spice tree. But what I really like about where this rose grows is ...
You may have noticed in the first photo the holes in the wall of the shed. In the last years of my dad's life my mom always used to say he couldn't hit the side of a barn with a shotgun, but one night just a couple weeks before his death they heard a critter out in the back yard and he retrieved his shotgun, fired from the back door, and even though he didn't hit the side of the barn he hit the storage shed and left it permanently peppered with bird shot. I think the critter escaped into the darkness but I smile whenever I see all these holes in the old storage shed and I think that make a wonderful backdrop for that climbing red rose..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



17 comments:
Gorgeous flowers, but I especially love the wall in the background. The holes add a lot of character to the "shot":)
This rose couldn't be lovelier! Against that white background with the fence to twine around...so pretty! And I just loved the story about your Dad with his shotgun. I know those bird shot holes do make you smile!
awww. what a memory. :)
What a wonderful story to go along with such beautiful flowers.
Such a touching memory. Love the roses against the white.
This is wonderful Kathy.
I love those shadows you captured in the first one here.
That is a beautiful climber. Enjoyed the sweet story of your dad and the bird shots. :)
HA! I definitely would keep the holes there. Good memory.
WOW! The rose is beautiful!
SO lovely!
Oh, I LOVE this! Who knew that bullet holes and rambling roses would look so beautiful together - and would bring back fun memories for you? Great post, Kathy!
Gorgeous photos of this lovely rose, Kathy.
PS: keep forgetting that we Australians talk funny...
"Tucker" is food, so "Tuckerbox", a box to store your food in!
How sweet! I think I would frame that last one.
Great story to go with that second pic. I can see why you can't help but smile when you look at that. Nice pic.
I do like the pelican...but I could not resist t theses roses...gorgeous...dear!!!
Kisses!
I just noticed a first rose blooming last night.
Love the way they pop against the white.
So pretty, both the roses and your images.
Post a Comment