Thursday, February 16, 2012

Peeking Over the Top ~ Fence No. 14


This curious ostrich peeks over the top of a tall fence at Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park, Arizona.  Although this ostrich lives in a zoo, Arizona is home to several ostrich ranches, and the Phoenix suburb of Chandler even hosts an annual ostrich festival.  Wanna go for an ostrich ride, anyone?  I believe those are the White Tank Mountains in the background.  If I'm wrong, Magpie will please correct me.

17 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

that is hilarious ... too cute!! love it. (:

Lesley said...

Having been too close to an ostrich once, the sight of this face suddenly peeking over the fence would be a little jarring! Good shot!

Glenda said...

He definitely gets a bird's eye view, doesn't he?

A Colorful World said...

Cute picture! I have GOT to make it to that zoo!

Ebie said...

I love it! What a cute photo!

NatureFootstep said...

made me smile! Thanks. :)

Suburban Girl said...

That is AWESOME. Makes me laugh!

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot....too cute!

TexWisGirl said...

really cute shot!

Magpie said...

Kathy, I can't remember the orientation of the ostrich "habitat", but I trust you're right about the mountains. Great shot. What was it Tracy said? "Wilson, is that you?" She's so funny that girl.

Birdman said...

Cute? In a way, I would mess with these birds.

Bridget Larsen said...

Very cute capture
Bridget #42

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, I love the Ostrich Ranch in Chandler. I have never been to the races though. Maybe Magpie and I will have to do that sometime!

Karl said...

Haha... cute and funny photo, Kathy.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

An ostrich pretending to be a palm tree...


Waiting for the Women at the Fence

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

WHat a great capture!

Unknown said...

What a cool capture! :-)