Friday, February 24, 2012

Frank LLoyd Wright Church


On my recent trip to Phoenix, a drive through my old neighborhood brought back many memories.  For almost 30 years I lived just one block away from this beautiful church designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  When I first started blogging back in 2009 it was the subject of several of my picture-a-day posts.  Those first couple of months I struggled to find subjects to photograph.  Now I find interest in so many things that I never even noticed before.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! what a funky building! and even the landscaping is maintained in its honor!

Glenda said...

Very unique! I like the way much of it is pointing upward . . . even if the sky is dark and ominous!

A Colorful World said...

It's a beautiful design! I am so glad you shared it, as I have never seen it before. I know you miss living close to it.

Birdman said...

Better still... take me inside.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, and I love the sky - you even caught a bird in flight!

Lisa Gordon said...

Kathy, this sky is absolutely gorgeous!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Wonderful architecture, Kathy! A dramatic building offset by an equally dramatic sky.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i love his designs and had never seen this church, it sure has wow factor and a very beautiful photo of it.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That's an interesting church. Wright was a royal pain in the you know where from what I read but he sure had talent.

Brenda's Arizona said...

Thank you for introducing us to this site! I did not know FLW had this design here...

Rohrerbot said...

This is a really cool place. I especially like the spiral tower. I'm finding the same kind of things these days...seeing places with older eyes is the wisdom and gift of a good camera and maturing in age. And I'm enjoying the journey. It's like seeing things in a fresh new way but with the past memories still intact. It's difficult to describe, but I know what you mean by this photo.