Recent rains and warmer-than-average temperatures
have brought a fresh crop of green grass to the pastures of East Texas,
much to the relief of livestock and farmers and ranchers
who have been paying astronomical prices for hay since the drought of the past two years.
The white dots you see in the grass are not flowers.
They're wild onions!


16 comments:
Beautiful... they are enjoying the feast!
This is great!
great photo. They really are having a sumptuous feast :-).
Beautiful shot, Kathy!
What a pretty scene! Seems the horses like wild onions!
how peaceful :)
What a serene moment! Love the crop too!
I wonder if the horses get onion breath! ;) Glad they can get outside and eat something fresh.
Ooh, those ponies are going to need some mouthwash!
Pretty horses and a great shot. Thanks for sharing, stopping by from Camera Critters. Have a Happy Sunday!
i'm lovin' the green pastures, too (as are my horses). and when i mowed yard about a week or so ago, the smell of wild onions was intoxicating! nothing says texas spring better! :)
We need some rain desperately too! Love this pastoral scene.
What a feast for the horses. They might need mouthwash after eating wild onions though.
Looking at your other blog first I realized you have been in my "neck of the woods" recently but I also see here that you live in E TX. We lived in Ledbetter (near Giddings...halfway between Houston & Austin) for five years. I have also lived in Houstin as a young married, and have been to Nacogdoches. Though we hail most recently from Va. our new home is in Tucson to be close to our daughter & family. I enjoyed seeing the photos on both your blogs! Thanks for stopping by my Fridays Fences post and commenting!
It looks like spring! Very interesting tidbit about the wild onions -- that's amazing. I wonder if the horses nibble around them?
I so need to see grass now!! Beautiful and so peaceful looking.
Post a Comment