City Cemetery in the small town of Henderson, Texas, is the final resting place of many Texas pioneers, with graves going back well over a century and a half. It is located on a hilltop overlooking the city and is my favorite cemetery in this area in which to wander. It contains two very large sculpture headstones which I hope to show you in the future but I need to go for another visit to rephotograph them since I haven't been for a visit in over a year.
Visit Taphophile Tragics to see gravestones and cemetery photographs from all over the world
NOTE: Due to time constraints and just because they're so frustrating,
NOTE: Due to time constraints and just because they're so frustrating,
I no longer comment on blogs which contain word verification.


16 comments:
It looks to be a beautiful spot...I really like cemeteries on hilltops...its sort of makes you feel like the "view from here is not so bad"...look forward to seeing more about this spot.
This looks like a cemetery interesting to explore.
PS: I so agree with you about word verification!
Now this could be a cemetery anywhere in Sydney. So many of our cemeteries look just like this, even down to the wrought-iron fence work.
I too, look forward to your visiting this cemetery again.
I do not have WV, and this new one that Blogger is using is wearing my patience very thin!
Yes, go back. You can learn so much history reading grave stones.
So many stories buried in there.
This could be the cover art for a book. Very eerie.
looks like a nice, old spot to rest...
I love this beautiful view with exquisite light. Good photo. Greetings.
I think old cemeteries are so beautiful
I love cemetaries but they also scare me. I went with my Dad to visit two years ago. It was an old and forgotten one.
Looks like an interesting place to wander. I like that you included the wrought iron fence.
The old trees, old graves and old fences all compliment one another. A good setting for a creepy movie.
yes, show me more, it looks peaceful!
I agree with Julie, this does look very similar to some Sydney cemeteries. I like it.
Interesting looking cemetery. I look forward to seeing more pictures.
Herding Cats
http://seathreepeeo.blogspot.com
I love old cemeteries! This is a great picture!
Post a Comment