Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fence No. 15 ~ Jerome, Arizona


The dictionary does not define how tall is a fence.  This might be characterized as terracing but in a stretch it might be defined as a fence which keeps the gardens of the Surgeon's House from spilling out onto the streets of Jerome.  (Although it does appear that some spilling has occurred.  Maybe next year when I return there will be flowers growing in the street!)

22 comments:

Carletta said...

Lovely regardless of what you call it! And, I do believe I see a wronght iron fence in the background as well. :)

Donna said...

That's a beautiful fence!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i love stone fences. not sure if it is where i was born or what... but they make me smile. great shot. (:

Dianne said...

the stones are so beautiful

Suburban Girl said...

Beautiful even without the flowers.

Jan n Jer said...

Love the texture n all the greenery! Nice shot!!!

Karl said...

Looks very nice and "natural". Love the contrast of the colors.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love stone fences. They have so much character. Great photo.

TexWisGirl said...

that is really pretty! i wish we had rock walls here in our part of texas! *sigh*

Real Ranch Wife said...

Very Pretty! Surprised this is in Arizona... looks like the South!

Magpie said...

Yes, flowers growing in the street to welcome you back. Great shot.

Rohrerbot said...

I think Jerome is best in the summer. Cool temps and gorgeous plants. The Tree of Heaven owns this little town. I would love to rent a room at this little B and B. It's beautiful. Have you stayed there?

Brenda's Arizona said...

Love it!

Glenda said...

I say it's a fence . . . and one with lots of character!

EG CameraGirl said...

So pretty, the vine growing over the wall.

Carole M. said...

one of my faves' I adore stone fences/walls.

Rose said...

It was a fence to me...and my favorite kind. I like a lot of fence, but rock ones are my fav.

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful take Kathy. I love that kind of fence ^_^

Friday Fences

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stone fence. Great shot!

A Colorful World said...

Fantastic fence, Kathy! I love it! I missed Fridays Fences this week, but will be back again next time. Our grandson was out of school and spending time here with us.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a fine fence!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely shot! In Australia we would call this a wall rather than a fence :-)