The picture below is of a mighty oak in the pasture directly behind our house. I love how the leaves fall and create a blanket of color under the tree.
And then of course there's this walk that I take abut three times a week down the hill, around the curve, and up another hill to my grandmother and grandfather's old homeplace. The only thing that's left there is an old car house (which we now call a garage) and some stones to mark the location of a cistern. Oh, and some of my grandmother's daffodils and iris!
"Orange is red brought nearer to humanity by yellow." –Kandinsky


4 comments:
don't stop posting! i've got a post scheduled for next week of some autumn colors still showing here! :)
Wow, you still have Autumn colors. And they do look beautiful. Lovely image. Happy New Year!
I love your quote and I would love to be able to take this walk three times a week with you. It's gorgeous.
I won't ever tire of your beautiful leaves. I suspect you will sooner tire of my snow. :)
Post a Comment