Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Iron Horse ~ Hardware No. 3


These vintage iron horses still grace the streets of the business section of Natchitoches, Louisiana, 
which was founded in 1714 and is the oldest permanent settlement in the Louisiana Purchase Territory. 

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice to see they've not been vandalized!

Rohrerbot said...

Really unique looking piece...it oozes with history:) Your subject and camera angle is great on this pic.

Magpie said...

I love these reminders of times past. Of course, maybe people are still riding their horses into town there. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it when old things like this remain on public display. Maybe because I am fast becoming one of those "old things"! Your comments this morning cracked me up. That is a hard thing to do to me so early!

EG CameraGirl said...

Neat bit of history, Kathy, and I like the vintage horse too.

Suburban Girl said...

I love that these are still standing and have not been removed for some ugly moder parking meter or such.