This is the entrance to a neighbor's farm. The lady who lived there and my mom had been friends for 84 years until our neighbor died suddenly last winter. Her daughter and grandson still operate her farm.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
love, love, love it! you need to link to Friday's Fences at www.lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com
i'm not sure if you do link-ups, but that's a great photo!!!
Wow, this is so beautiful! Lovely photo!
Merry Christmas Eve!
84-years?! Wow. Terrific capture. Hope you're enjoying the season. Merry Christmas!
trekking your superb blog! keep blogging and inspiring people! happy holidays!
cheers!
...TREK...
Nice name for a farm, I think.
What a great atmosphere! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Love that..so rustic looking! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Kathy! I have enjoyed visiting you and your blog this past year…
What a wonderful name for someone's home. My brother used to call his chicken coop Pecker Acres...not quite the same. :)
Post a Comment