Friday, May 27, 2011

Wisteria


Since my mom has been sick and in the hospital I haven't had the opportunity to take very many pictures of late so I found this one in a folder from this past spring.  Wisteria vines grow here in wild abandon.  As a child they were one of my favorite flowers ~ until I became allergic to bees!  They seem to always be surrounded by hordes of bumblebees.  Now, mind you, I've never been stung by a bumblebee but I now keep a safe distance.  My grandmother had wisteria which covered an ugly barbed-wire fence between her back yard and the chicken coop.  It has a wonderful sweet aroma ~ which is what probably attracts all those bees!

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! The lighting is perfect,and the color so clear and sharp! I love wisteria, but my husband is highly allergic to them, so I have to settle for looking at them from a distance - and in pics like this!

Have a great weekend! Hope your mom is doing better.

DAnna said...

I hope that your mom is feeling better. Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Magpie said...

Hope you mom is on the mend and that you'll soon be out and about again. I love wisteria! There is something very succulent about the blooms...heavy, full blossoms - almost like grapes.

TexWisGirl said...

that really is beautiful. if i was a bee, i'd be there...

hope your mom's getting better!

Lisa said...

I sure hope your Mom is doing better. This photo is stunning. Wisteria wont grow here so when I see photos of it I sure am in love.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Hope your mom gets better soon lovely image Kathy

Kathy said...

Testing comments.

tracy said...

It makes me wistful. Hope you Mom is feeling better. I spoke to Magpie yesterday and she said she thought she was.

EG CameraGirl said...

Wisteria can dress up a fence beautifully!

Sharon Creech said...

For many years, we had wisteria growing up the side of the cottage/house we lived in in England--beautiful--even tho we did have to duck the bees to get inside the door.