Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Justice
A statue of the goddess Justice towers over the grave of Judge William Wright Morris (1805 - 1883) in the Henderson City Cemetery. Born in Halifax County, North Carolina, he moved with his family to Coosa County, Alabama, in 1840 where he taught school, studied law, and was elected judge. In 1847 he brought his mother and his widowed sister and her three children to Henderson where he practiced law and built a plantation home. In 1854 he was elected district judge and later served as a Texas legislator and was helped promote the first railroad in East Texas. Judge Morris remained a bachelor throughout his lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Nicely done in bw!
This is perfect in b & w -- love it. I really like the angle too. Sounds like Hon. Morris was a good man.
that is an awesome photo! you certainly did her 'justice' with your image! :)
This is an incredible photo, Kathy!
Hi Kathy! I really like the B&W detail of this statuette.
This is a great shot, Kathy. But I have to say, I'm impressed by the judge's life also. He, obviously, had a devotion and sense of responsibility to family.
Love how you are looking up to Justice here. :)
I love the tone and mood of your black and white image Kathy.
Post a Comment