Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dirt Road, Wooden Bridge

About three miles from our house

Doesn't this look like an ideal spot to sit on the side of the bridge, dangle your legs and drop your fishing line down into the somewhat murky waters of Naconiche (pronounced nakka-NEECH) Creek?  (For all you sissies out there, yes, I drove over the bridge!  Three times!)

9 comments:

tracy said...

Yes, it sure does! I love all the green stuff. What is it? LOL

Cher' Shots said...

Beautiful picture! I would have no problem driving over that bridge! I've crossed some with only a few boards just wide enough for each set of tires. Scarey! And yes, I could dangle my toes :)
'hugs from afar'

TexWisGirl said...

we have some of those old ones around here too. they do make me a bit nervous - especially with a truckload of hay one time...

Magpie said...

Did you "get in the dirt" for this shot? Great job! You get a line, I'll get a pole....

Sharon Creech said...

Gorgeous green and crazy bridge!

Rohrerbot said...

As I'm getting older, I have more to dangle. Now that would be quite the pic:)

Glenda said...

Love this pic and your description! Probably because I've driven over lots of them in the past . . . not too many left now. I can almost feel the coolness and hear the birds . . . and the creak of the planks as the vehicle passes over! Great shot!!

Andrew said...

Lovely Photo Kathy! I really do enjoy your shots.

Suburban Girl said...

This is constructed very similarly to a bridge near me! Nice angle.